Granted, it’s not the most eloquent interview I have ever given but in my defence, it was far more humid than my outfit suggests and I had just arrived to LFWM 2 minutes before I was hunted down for this interview.
Watch the interviews to see Robin James hunt down some of his fun finds at London Fashion Week Men’s. Robin is a men’s style, grooming and lifestyle blogger and YouTuber. He’s definitely worth a watch so have a gander at his channel and get inspired by his videos. https://www.youtube.com/ManForHimself
For those of you who may not have heard of Willam, he was one of the stars of RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 4 and he made a real storm in the competition, hilarious statements, witty comebacks, brilliant reading and the controversial ‘What did Willam do?!” which was the talk of the show after he was disqualified from competition. Others may know him as 1/3 of the “Chow Down (at Chick-Fil-A) Queens, a brilliant parody to Wilson Phillips’ Hold On in which Willam (accompanied by Detox and Vicky Vox) sing a satirical protest/advertisement of the Chick-Fil-A fast food chains discrimination towards homosexuality. Willam has done it all; singing, drag, an actor in both film and television and an overall entertainer.
- HJB: Being an actor and Drag Queen/Female Impersonator, what was it that drew you towards fame?
- WB: I love free stuff. Free pizza, free shoes, etc. People give you money to perform too and that’s really the ticket too sometimes. I do drag because sketching on paper wasn’t enough anymore. It’s just a form of art (but imagine me holding the makeup brush like Terry Schiavo lol).
- HJB: Watching you on RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 4, I noticed you had a lot of designer outfits, these included; Versace & Vivienne Westwood. Why do you feel fashion is important to you and what draws you to an item of clothing/accessory the most?
- WB: It’s intimidating to most people so I wear it as a sort of armor and badge. Most of my designer stuff is on sale or gifted from pantysniffers or on loan.
- HJB: If you had to describe your style in 3 words, how would describe your drag persona and your day-to-day attire?
- WB: Polished Whore Clown
- HJB: What are your 3 big tips to style an outfit correctly?
- WB: Make sure the shoes match. BLACK DOES NOT GO WITH EVERYTHING GODDAMMIT. Get a good day bag in a statement color. Don’t wear panties or stocking that leave lines underneath a garment. It ruins any sort of clean line and illusion. Also to see what not to do- check out Willam’s Beatdown every Friday here.http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNPL3cfGC9BgfWDoq9rb2-mjO-z9I-7d3
- HJB: If you could only wear 1 designer for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?’
- WB: Balmain’s sense of luxury while remaining in touch with the street is the utmost of everything to me
- HJB: Finally, is there anything you wish to plug?
- WB: Get my album at www.willambelli.com/shop and follow the shitshow that is Willam on twitter @willambelli
Model: Harry J Bartlett
“I have always been a huge fan of flowers. They have provided me with so many inspirations. The series shows the inspirations from the plants, as well as my interpretations of the unique personalities of individual models. The project captures the beauty and my fantasy of nature. Each piece tells the different stories of the plants in the portraits from my point of view.” – Henry
I always love discovering great artists and love it even more so when you are a feature in the art itself.
The portraits are truly beautiful and I recommend you check them out